Welcome to Bay Regional Medical Center, your premier destination for specialized healthcare services. If you are a skilled and compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) with a passion for forensic nursing and providing comprehensive care to sexual assault survivors, we have an exciting opportunity for you. Join our team as an RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) and make a positive difference in the lives of individuals who have experienced such trauma.
What Does an RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner Do?
As an RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner at Bay Regional Medical Center, you will play a critical role in the multidisciplinary approach to caring for sexual assault survivors. You will be responsible for providing medical attention, collecting forensic evidence, and offering emotional support to patients throughout the entire forensic examination process.
Our FNEs work closely with law enforcement agencies, legal professionals, and victim advocates to ensure comprehensive care, proper evidence collection, and accurate documentation for legal proceedings. Your ability to maintain professionalism and sensitivity while working with survivors is key to their healing journey.
Why Choose Bay Regional Medical Center?
Our commitment to excellence in patient care and our emphasis on individualized treatment plans make Bay Regional Medical Center an exceptional workplace for RNs seeking a career in forensic nursing. Here are a few reasons why you should consider joining our team:
- Leaders in Forensic Nursing: Bay Regional Medical Center is renowned for its expertise in forensic nursing and is recognized as a leader in the field. You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals and make a real impact in this specialized area of nursing.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: We provide our FNEs with access to cutting-edge medical equipment and forensic examination rooms. Our advanced facilities enable you to deliver the highest level of care to sexual assault survivors.
- Collaborative Work Environment: At Bay Regional Medical Center, we believe in fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who are passionate about making a difference.
- Continuing Education: We are committed to the professional growth and development of our staff. As an RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner, you will have access to ongoing education and training opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge in forensic nursing.
Qualifications and Requirements
To be considered for the position of RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner at Bay Regional Medical Center, the following qualifications and requirements must be met:
- Registered Nurse Licensure: You must hold a valid RN license in the state where you intend to practice forensic nursing.
- Forensic Nursing Certification: Certification as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) or completion of a forensic nursing program is highly desirable.
- Experience and Training: Previous experience in emergency room nursing, critical care, or forensic nursing is preferred. Additional specialized training in sexual assault examination and evidence collection is a plus.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Excellent communication and empathy are essential when working with survivors of sexual assault. You should be able to provide compassionate care while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Attention to Detail: As an FNE, attention to detail is crucial during evidence collection and documentation. Strong observation and documentation skills will ensure accuracy in legal proceedings.
If you are committed to making a meaningful impact in the lives of sexual assault survivors and have the necessary qualifications, we encourage you to apply for the position of RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner at Bay Regional Medical Center. To apply, please visit our Careers page and submit your application online.
Join our exceptional team of healthcare professionals at Bay Regional Medical Center and embark on a fulfilling career as an RN - Forensic Nurse Examiner. Help us make a difference in the lives of survivors, one patient at a time.